Join a dynamic team of movement leaders creating global LGBT workplace equality!
After 20 years successfully leading the LGBT workplace equality movement from the San Francisco office, Out & Equal is hiring our first Director of East Coast Development in Washington, DC. This position will have the opportunity to execute LGBT workplace equality through relationship building, stewarding corporate and public partnerships and acting as a representative of the organization in key East Coast cities. The ideal candidate will be a driven, outgoing person who excels at building relationships with a strong understanding of and fervent commitment to LGBT workplace equality. Key strengths include communications, fundraising and event management.
This role will have the opportunity to work directly with Out & Equal founder and CEO, Selisse Berry along with corporate executives and government leaders.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Develop and manage Out & Equal Global Partners Program:
• Work with the CEO, CFO, and Deputy Director to identify best practices to strategically engage priority target and emerging markets in locations such as China, India, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and Africa
• Identify and partner with top talent from focus regions around the world to carry out Out & Equal’s global strategy locally through consulting and customized education on LGBT workplace inclusion
• Develop relations with network of key, supportive regional NGO partners to help effect LGBT workplace inclusion
• Manage the performance evaluation process for Global Partner contractors
• Liaise between constituents’ corporate headquarters and the Global Partners in their places of operation around the globe
• Partner with in-country organizations to plan global roundtable forums for constituents to share best practices and address common challenges, and implement these events through the network of Global Partners
• Lead the design and delivery of global programming at events (i.e. Global Leadership Day pre- Summit, Global Series @ Workplace Summit, Executive Forum, Training and Professional Development and Community Relations) in order to meet the programmatic and quality goals of Out & Equal
• Design a quality control process to ensure the highest quality of global content at Out & Equal programs
Develop and manage digitally accessible content on effecting Global Workplace Equality:
• Identify, manage, and regularly update digital content per regional policy advisories and developments related to LGBT rights, protections, and inclusion
• Integrate appropriate digitally accessible content with Out & Equal’s Employee Resource Group Registry
Work in conjunction with the Development Team on business development among global sponsors:
• Build relationships with existing Out & Equal constituents to understand global workplace equality needs
• Communicate the global service offerings of Out & Equal to constituents
• Develop leads for potential future global constituents through the network of Global Partners to develop business
• BA degree in communications, policy, business relations, or related field
• 5+ years of comprehensive experience working with NGOs and diverse stakeholders in geographically dispersed locations
• Experience with and understanding of corporate workplaces and cultures
• Experience with and understanding of non-profit, mission-based advocacy (a clear knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues a definite plus)
• Passion for the Out & Equal Mission
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle changing deadlines
• Ability to work collaboratively with other organizational teams and organizations
• Awareness of national and global LGBT workplace issues
• Excellent social media skills across multiple platforms
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
Salary is dependent on experience.
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation and 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employerpaid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including waiting periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review. This is a full-time exempt position.
Targeted start date would be as soon as possible with position based in Washington, DC.
Join Out & Equal’s dedicated team of employees who believe in our organization’s mission of encouraging everyone to bring their best self to work every day. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and gender identities to apply.
For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to TTalbot@outandequal.org . No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.