Join a dynamic team of movement leaders creating global LGBT workplace equality!
The Senior Director of Training role is a new position within Out & Equal focused on creating and delivering a Global Education Strategy for LGBT workplace equality and for our constituents.
The Sr. Director of Training is responsible for all Training and Professional Development programs offered by Out & Equal. Reporting to the Deputy Director and overseeing a staff of 2-3, the Sr. Director is responsible for helping craft long-range global training strategies and for developing/implementing programs to meet both constituent requirements and annual revenue goals.
Major areas of accountability for the Sr. Director of Training include:
- Develop and implement a global training strategy including key areas of focus, key program offerings, and detailed business plans to achieve revenue targets and business plan, including metrics, and quantitative and qualitative goals
- Participate in the creation of organization-wide annual business plans that incorporate and sync training goals with all Out & Equal departments
- Manage, coach, and support the training team in meeting the training/individual goals
- Maintain positive and productive relationships between training staff and all other departments
- Deliver consistent, best in class training programs to our constituents and ensure consistent brand messaging
- Ensure implementation of Out & Equal Learning Management System (LMS) and availability by end of 2016
- Team with Development to ensure sponsorship of the Out & Equal LMS
- Drive significant Training and Professional Development Revenue increases – via classroom, webinars, LMS, consulting offers
- Design and implement strategies/programs to leverage opportunities tied to passing of the Equality Act – ensure that programs and plans are in place to train and educate all constituents
- Upgrade/Revise all programs as necessary to ensure best in class
- Achieve annual revenue goals and growth targets – focus on prioritizing programs/events key to Out & Equal and attaining its goals
We are seeking an accomplished Training and Professional Development executive with a passion for Out & Equal’s mission and a desire to help create a world where workers are evaluated on their performance, not their sexual orientation or gender identity, expression or characteristics.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have the following:
- 5+ years’ of progressive responsibility in Training/Education strategy for mid-size to large nonprofits, including experience in delivering service to Fortune 500 organizations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills experience – ability to create and implement best in class training
- Strong customer relationship management skills and familiarity with the Fortune 1,000
- Extensive knowledge of LGBT history as well as subject matter expertise in key challenges facing the LGBT community
- 5+ years’ of strong executive level leadership – ability to quickly understand factors and make decisions that strategically align to Out & Equal’s achieving its plans
- Financial accumen – history of driving team to exceed revenue and growth targets
- Accountability – history of consistently delivering best in class training and if not, actions taken to proactively address and resolve issues to achieve
- Track record of success in implementing and delivering training programs across multiple training venues/approaches
- Experience hiring, managing, and mentoring training staff in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred
Physical Activity Requirements
The position will require travel up to 25% of the time across the country with some potential global trainings as well. This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to $100,000 depending on experience.
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation and 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including wait periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Salary: Up to $100,000 DOE
Location: Washington, DC or San Francisco, CA
Target Start Date: July 5, 2016
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to TTalbot@outandequal.org. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.